Search This Blog

Tuesday, 26 March 2019

E-Portfolio Writing: My Camp Experience - Kayaking


Describe It - Camp Experiences

Learning Objectives:

Level 3
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organize texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.

Level 4.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organize texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.

Learning goals:
  • To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback
As I launch myself off the bank into the icy waters. The kayak fills with freezing water that makes my legs feel like ice. after 2 laps of the island, we played keyboard.


how to play 
Step 1 hold on to other peoples kayaks,
Step 2 stand up and run across or try to.
Warning you will fall off.



Student Reflection:

In my writing, one of my goals is to use different sentence length.
I did show this goal here because I had used a simple sentence, and compound.


In my writing, one of my goals is to edit work, checking that the meaning.
I did not show this goal here because I did not use enough editing

My next step is to write sentences that have mostly correct grammar


Teacher Comment:
Grace, I'm so glad you enjoyed camp. Kayaking sounds like a lot of fun. I like the way your first sentence hooks the reader. Your next step is to continue your writing to make sure the reader can understand your expereince. It's a short, sweet pice of writing. Use your time wisely.





No comments:

Post a Comment